Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 64

Happy 1: So, I messed up today. It's a long story, so I'll try to keep it brief. I was working in Excel, linked a cell to a different spreadsheet, saved, and closed. In the meantime, someone deleted that specific piece of information that was linked and when I tried to open up my file it read: "Error. Unable to Load." Sweet. I started tweakin' out (a common phrase that I hear around the workplace) because I thought I had lost all of the data, about 300 cells worth of stuff that I didn't know if it was retrievable or not. Sick to my stomach with the thought of telling my supervisor what happened, I decided to figure it out for myself. Lucky for me, I had written down the changes I made, and was able to find the original file from six weeks ago in my desktop recycling bin. Whew! Catastrophe averted. It was without a doubt a God thing.

Happy 2: One of my co-workers is getting married this coming weekend. They put a card in a manila folder and passed it around for everyone to sign. It was kind of fun to be sneaky. Then, right before the end of the day, the boss called everyone in for a company meeting. It turned out to be a two-minute celebration / presentation of the card to the groom-to-be. He was completely caught off guard. It was slightly awkward. Fun times.

Crappy: I sat in on the Monday morning conference call as usual and this is what I heard at the start of the call. "Good morning. Like B Mac (a nickname for a guy in the office) would say, 'What up, Dawg?'" The guy on the other end answered, "What up, what up?" It's kind of like when my parents do the fist bump. It's just wrong. I mean, seriously, these guys are in their forties and fifties. Please stop. You are not cool. I repeat, you are not cool.

1 comment:

  1. Question: Where do the dogs go?
    Answer: To the POUND! [Fist bump.]
    Thas' right.
    We cool.

    ReplyDelete