Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 78

Happy 1: Whistling Window Washers. This morning at the office, I heard a thump and when I looked out the blind-covered window, I saw a shadow. The rest of the office and I thought it was a huge bird hitting the window, which is a fair assumption since we're on the thirty-seventh floor. I'm glad it wasn't a bird because it would have had quite a large headache. However, it was some window washers. They were just wandering around on the plank like it was no big deal. I was impressed with their window washing and thirty-seventh- floor balancing talent. One of my co-workers said, "This is why I went to school."

Happy 2: I started my final fine art project today, due at the end of the semester. My vision is to take footage of street/subway performers, get a little background information, and put it all together. If all goes as planned, it should be pretty sweet. While waiting half an hour for the train after work (it was way busier than normal due to a power outage somewhere in the city) I talked to the musicians serenading the masses. Two guys: David on mandolin and kazoo,and Sam on guitar. I filmed them playing a classic song by Johnny Cash. They gave me a card with their contact information; depending how good the project turns out I may send them the file for their amusement. Later in the evening I was out and about again and came across three black guys rapping: Big Boy, One of the Greatest, and Rhythm (playing a box drum).

Crappy: A girl got sick on the train right as we pulled into the station this morning . The train was packed but people managed to make more room when the poor girl was clearly not feeling well. Thankfully, I was right next to the door and exited quickly. I heard some people say, "You've got to be (insert explicit) kidding me!" I take it they weren't too happy. In other train activity, someone was hit and seriously injured by the Red Line. Honestly, I'm surprised stuff like this doesn't happen more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment