Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 79

Happy 1: Grocery Shopping. Made grocery list, took the Red Line to Aldi, shopped, paid, sacked groceries (thank goodness I worked at Fareway), took Red Line back to apartment, made a pit stop at CVS, unloaded groceries, ate some of the new goodies. Done. One hour. Be impressed.

Happy 2: I may have made a new friend at work today. Who? The infamous receptionist. She was alphabetizing the file drawers located right next to my overly-large desk. I told her she could use my desk space if she needed somewhere to put things. She said, "That's okay, but thanks." Whatever, I tried. But then...she started to put piles of files on my desk. Later in the day I walked by her desk, smiled warmly, and she returned it. Can you believe it?! I had no idea it would all come down to sharing my desk. This is definitely progress.

Happy 3: More Window Washers. They scaled the building again today, this time on a different side. I was talking to the part-time gal that sits next to me when we heard the familiar sound of suctions on the window. We looked over and saw the dangling window washer. We were intrigued, so we watched for a little bit, but they're really quick. On his way down the rope to the next floor he caught us watching and flashed us a toothy grin. I'm sure they see some pretty interesting people in a day's work.

Happy 4: We're sitting here, me and my roommates, listening to a Relient K Christmas song; "Sleigh Ride," to be exact. I'm typing on the computer, bobbing my head. I look over and see Kristin and Rachel bobbing their heads too. The fact that we're each in our own little world, jamming out, is comical. Who doesn't love punk rock Christmas music?

Crappy: Problems with Zephyr. My task was to take numbers from four different Excel worksheets and type them into another program, Zephyr, for analysis. Easy enough. Well, there were complications. There are always complications. I had finished one of the lists and clicked "OK." A window popped up that said, "File such and such already exists. Do you want to overwrite it?" The only two options were "Yes" and "No." Of course I clicked "No." That was the wrong thing to do. It closed the window and took all my hard work with it. Trying to solve the problem by myself, I retyped the numbers. Again, the window popped up. Not wanting to redo the list a third time, I went to my supervisor for help. I found out that it was not my fault. The file name that he had me type in at the beginning of the project was causing the problems. We fixed it and away I went. Why does stuff like this always happen to me? Because I'm a Tammen, that's why. We wouldn't want anything to be too easy. What fun is that?

2 comments:

  1. Roomie,

    I LOVE the four happies! Good thing to see. Between punk rock Christmas music, making new friends, efficient grocery shopping, and amiable window washers, you had a full Tuesday! :)

    Keep up the awesomeness!

    Much love,
    Bestest-est

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to do it - listened to uTube Relient K. Couldn't quite get the hang of the head-bobbing thing though...it's harder than the fist-bump. Maybe I can get Dad to help me.

    ReplyDelete