Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 71

Happy 1: I had a song stuck in my head all day. We sang it in church on Sunday and it's pretty wonderful. The song is I Just Want to Praise You and here is a great rendition of it for you to enjoy -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5TXbywAoCM.

Happy 2: Worked out, ate mashed potatoes, made depressingly long To Do list, watched political debate and laughed (such that my roommates thought I was watching a sitcom), cleaned out email inbox, watched show with roommates, enjoyed a bowl of ice cream, listened to Christmas music. Productive, yes. But my one goal for the evening was to write a three-page paper due Wednesday. I decided to take a leaf out of Scarlett O'Hara's book (pardon the pun) and "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Crappy: Flip Books. No, this is not the little books you make as a kid with a series of pictures that look like animation when you flip through it really fast. Nothing as fun as that. These flip books are for potential investors. It's a big project that I am so glad to be a part of. (In case you were wondering, that was written in sarcasm font.) We created the forty-five information sheets to go in each book, sent them out to get cut to size, brought them back to hole punch and bind. Lucky for me, I started working on the ridiculously time-consuming task of punching and binding this afternoon. Since the books are so thick, it takes four punches per book and there are about eighty books. Let's do the math, shall we? 80 x 4 = 320. That is the number of times I separated, aligned, punched, and stacked these little booklets. My arm hurts, and rightly so. Tomorrow I get to hole punch the front and back covers and then bind them all together. What fun awaits me! Be jealous.

2 comments:

  1. Regarding the flip books:
    Does it help to reflect on the fact that you are punching flip books for free? No, wait. You are actually paying for the privilege of punching flip books. Do you feel better now? (In case you were wondering, that was written in sarcasm font.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the whole workout and then eat ice cream thing. Punching flip books sounds like a workout- did you get ice cream for that too?

    As for the "to do list," I'm sure you already know, but you have to add stuff you just completed so you can cross more things off. It also helps to make each task very specific. Fold laundry doesn't work, it has to be fold socks, fold shirts... you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete