Happy 1: I went out to lunch with my supervisor and another employee, Igor (yes, that's his real name). We waited twenty minutes to get into the restaurant, Sidebar Grille, but it was worth the wait. The food was excellent and expensive. Good thing the company paid for the meal.
Happy 2: At work, while listening to Christmas music on Pandora, the song Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas came on. I only had one ear bud in so I could hear what was going on in the office. At the very end of the song there are two final notes and someone clicked their mouse in time with the music. The sheer coincidence of this happening made me nearly burst out laughing. I don't know how it worked out so perfectly, but it did and it was fantastic.
Crappy: I hate packing. That is what I did tonight. Packed. However, it is for a very good reason. Tomorrow morning I am heading home for Thanksgiving Break. Most everyone else in the Chicago Semester program doesn't get to leave until Wednesday. But I switched some things around and get to have seven days at home with a half-day of travel on both ends. While I am so excited to go home and see family and relax, I am missing a lot of the festivities in Chicago. Parades and concerts and tree-lighting ceremonies. So, slightly mixed feelings: don't like packing, love the idea of going home, don't like six hours of travel time on a bus, love to be with family, don't like to miss stuff in Chicago, love to do fun stuff during Thanksgiving.
As I will be home relaxing and spending time with family and friends, I will be much too busy to post daily entries. Plus, I really want a break. It's tough to write this every day. Do you realize I've done this eighty-two times? So, don't be alarmed, I am alive and well. And I hope you are, too. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Roomie,
ReplyDeleteYou're home now! :) In Iowa. With me. Kind of. Welcome back!
Beckie & I painted today at the museum. Left this morning at 7:30, got back into O.C. at 5:15. Very fun, very tiring, lots of hours to apply to my internship! And a hot, de-painting shower felt very welcome. You should know Beckie got more paint on herself than I got on me. Surprising or no, this is very exciting.
I am roommateless tonight. Listening to some jazz, reading a book, waiting for NC/DC. Hard life, yes? :)
Enjoy your time at home. Happy Thanksgiving!
Much love,
Bestest-est