Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 68

Happy 1: Mid-Point Evaluation. Today my Practicum Group Leader (PGL) came to MainStreet to meet with my supervisor and me. We talked about the internship: what I've been doing, how well I've been doing it, what I want to accomplish by the end of the semester. To be honest, I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. What if my performance is sub-par? I needn't have worried because my supervisor gave me an A- for an overall grade thus far. He's worked with six or seven other CS interns and he said that he rated me one of the highest. What do you know about that?

Happy 2: Worked late at the office because I just love it so much. For real. I got into the groove of things after four o'clock and didn't want to stop what I was working on. (I have to earn that A somehow.) On the way home I picked up some Garrett's Popcorn, the Chicago Mix. Then I turned on a movie and got to work; picked up the apartment, did laundry, did some paperwork. As you can tell, I went wild and crazy because it's my last night roommate-less.

Crappy: Okay, this kind of freaked me out. It was later in the evening and I was bumming around the apartment. I heard someone outside my door putting a key in the lock. I know it can't be my roommates because they're not getting back until tomorrow night. I stop what I'm doing and stare at the shadow of the person outside my door (actually it was shadows, plural, because I think there were two people). About thirty heart-pounding seconds went by and I heard the person try a different key. Why were these people trying to get in my apartment? Perhaps they were polluted. Perhaps they were confused. Whatever the reason, it sure got my attention. Good thing my dad provided me with Pepper Spray for just such an occasion. Thanks, Daddy! Oh, in case you're wondering, no one got in. They finally figured out they had the wrong door and left. Took 'em long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment