Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 92

Happy 1: Commedia Beauregard Presents: A Klingon Christmas Carol. Star Trek, anyone? Tickets are normally thirty-some dollars but tonight admission was only three canned goods. I can afford that. The whole play was in Klingon with English superscripts on a PowerPoint. It was pretty epic. I don't know anything about Star Trek but before the play started my roommate, who used to be quite a Star Trekian, gave me a quick course on Klingon 101; the history, the language, all the ins and outs. This was definitely an interesting, once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Happy 2: It was wonderful to have a week-long break from work, but it was nice to go back to my routine. The Monday morning meetings, the morning greetings: "Good morning, So-and-so." "Good morning." How are you?" "Good. How are you?" "Good.", the sports talk, the boat load of work emails to read and delete. Welcome back!

Crappy: Remember my Fine Art Final Project, sounds of the city? I carried a video camera with me everyday for a long time and all I wanted was to record my favorite boy band. Of course, the one day I didn't have it on me, they were in the train station. And there was a sweet flute player performing cheery Christmas songs. Rats! Maybe I'll catch them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment