Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 75

Happy 1: The flip books are done forever! I went to the Post Office which was actually open today. The teller wasn't very friendly, but I think I won her over with my cheery disposition. Went back to work, printed labels using the postage meter, stuck the postage stickers on the boxes, took the boxes to the drop-off spot on the first floor of the office building. Done. Forever. At least for me. Apparently they do this much work every quarter. Glad I won't be here for the next time around.

Happy 2: Funny story. So, it's my niece's first birthday today. (Happy Birthday, Baby G!) Pretty big deal. I sent her a present in the mail but I wanted to send her an email message too. I composed this cutsie note and was pleased with my wittiness. I typed my brother's name in the address bar and clicked send. By the grace of God I checked my sent folder to make sure it went through. Much to my surprise, instead of going to my brother it went to a NWC student with the same first name. Needless to say, I was horrified. I immediately emailed the guy and apologized. To be fair, I told him he could pretend it was his birthday too, if he wanted. Later in the day he emailed back: "Hahahahaha! I hope you are laughing at yourself cuz you made me laugh. Thanks!"

Crappy: After a month of inactivity, I got to write an article for the weekly financial market update. I wrote the economics section, which is my favorite. In the past the editor has made very minor adjustments. However, I was a little rusty and there were a few items that needed rewording or further clarification. She's super nice so it didn't hurt my pride too much. This just goes to show I need some more practice.

1 comment:

  1. Roomie,

    Baby G? Very gangster of you. What is Chicago doing to your vocabulary?

    I love that you accidentally sent that to someone else, by the way. And equally love that he enjoyed it so much!

    And yay for being done with flip books! You should probably add that fun-ness to your resume. That way future employers can hire you for that specific task! :) I know, I'm full of brilliant ideas.... You can thank me later.

    Much love,
    Bestest-est

    ReplyDelete