Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 65

Happy 1: Election Day! Republicans clenched the House majority but it looks like Democrats retained control of the Senate. Brandstad is projected to take the governorship from Culver but I hardly think that's an improvement. Exciting news just in: all three Iowa Supreme Court judges (the ones that overstepped their authority and made gay marriage permissible in this state) were voted out. Way to go, Iowa!

Happy 2: Today I finally finished a project I've been working on for weeks. It needn't have taken this long but I had to wait for my supervisor to teach me how to link certain cells. I am so glad to be done with it. I feel very accomplished now. Woot.

Crappy: My supervisor and I made plans to go to a stock forum all day on Thursday. However, our plans changed when my supervisor was told he needed to be at a meeting in the office Thursday morning. Now I have to check myself in and spend the first couple hours at the forum by myself. Granted, it was my choice to do it; I figured it would be a good learning experience for me. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment