Happy 1: This morning my roommates and I went to Willow Creek Community Church. There are multiple campuses but we attended the one off the Harrison stop, held in a glitzy auditorium. The praise team was crazy good, singing with wreckless abandon. The sermon was via satellite from another campus in the city. I thought it would be weird watching a video, but it was surprisingly good. When the preacher would ask a question, the audience would answer, and when he asked for a raise of hands, they did it like he could actually see them. As first time attenders we got a goodie bag with a water bottle inside. Suh-weet. We think we'll be going back in the very near future.
Happy 2: This evening my roommates and I ventured out again, this time to go to a concert in Millennium Park. It was the celebration of Riccardo Muti as the new conductor of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. We got there an hour before the actual concert started, so we listened to the opening acts. The place was packed with my estimation of about ten thousand people. That being said, we stood for three hours, but it was totally worth it. Lucky for me, by looking between people's heads I could see the whole stage. The music was phenomenal and the people were very respectful of the performers and the audience. To top it all off there were fireworks as a grand finale. The crowd went nuts. On our way out I looked at the buildings around us and noticed that they had spelled out MUTI and CSO in office lights. Pretty amazing.
Crappy: Not much was accomplished today. I'm supposed to be working on my Internship Learning Contract (ILC) that is a set of goals and objectives and whatnot. Well, there's always tomorrow.
I love reading about you doing things I also did! I loved Willow Creek when I was there. Plus, spending an hour in the Auditorium Theater every week? Yes, please! Random fact to impress your friends with: the architect specified that a specific type of light bulb was to always be used in the theater. Something about the materials used cast a very specific light that makes every one's skin look amazing. They bulbs are like $20 a piece or something crazy like that. His thinking was that everyone should look glamorous and amazing when going to the theater. I like this man.
ReplyDelete