Happy 1: I just finished watching a fantastic football game between the Bears and the Packers. I was torn because GB is my #1 team and Chicago is my #2, and I am in Chicago at the moment. Who to cheer for? The Bears won the game in the last nine seconds with a field goal by Robbie Gould. The sad thing is that the Packers had eighteen penalties and it probably cost them the game. All in all, it was a wonderful way to spend three hours of my life. Emotions ran high and there may or may not have been yelling at the TV.
Happy 2: It was a slow day at work. One of my favorite things to do at a time like this is read financial articles and look up things I don't understand. You might be surprised that financial writers and economics people can be humorous. Take this as an example: "The money PIMCO collects on fees for PIMCO Total Return (PTTRX) ($1.14 billion) could buy 76 million yoga mats; 3,000 Rolls Royce Phantoms; 114 million Snuggies for dogs; 207 million 22-ounce Rogue Mocha Porters; 9.1 million subscriptions to Morningstar FundInvestor; 142 million 22-ounce Goose Island Sofie Ales; or bail out Lindsay Lohan 2,700 times" (12 Shocking Mutual Fund Statistics by Russel Kinnel). Another example is the explanation of a trading pit according to Investopedia: "You've probably seen pictures of traders wildly thrashing their arms and yelling orders in the trading pit. Although it may look like a poorly coordinated Village People concert, there is actual trading going on." That's pretty funny stuff, right?
Crappy: This isn't really crappy, per se, but it wasn't a happy occurrence. This morning on my way to the train, I upset an older lady. She had a bunch of bags and was walking slowly down the stairs. I walk with a purpose and therefore don't like to dawdle. Well, I went around her and I must have accidentally hit her with my bag. She started muttering, "Don't push me. What's the big hurry? There's nothing waiting down there for you anyway" (meaning that there was no train at the stop). I really don't think I did anything but she wasn't happy. She was waiting for the train going the opposite way from me. I swallowed my pride and walked over to her and said, "I'm sorry, ma'am. That was really rude of me." Her response? "Well, okay." And that was that.
No comments:
Post a Comment