Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 22

Happy 1: Fun day on the 'L.' On my morning commute, I almost didn't make the train because it was so packed. I was going to grab the next one, but a nice lady said, "We'll make it work. Don't worry about it." So I squished on. The doors were closing behind me and my heels had about a half a centimeter of clearance. But I made it. Yay for nice people on the train.

Happy 2: Monday morning meetings, alliteration and a good time. Shortly after these meetings was yet another meeting. However, there was food. Yes, another company-sponsored meal. I think I'm getting spoiled. It was Potbelly, which is yummy sandwiches with chips, you should check it out. I didn't get much out of the meeting, but I haven't the slightest idea why. Perhaps it's because food trumps everything else...

Happy 3: Every day there are performers done by the trains and I really enjoy it. My favorite is an African American / Black / Negro man (I hate being politically correct). Sometimes he is by himself and sometimes he has a buddy or two with him. No matter the combination, it is great music. They play guitar and sing old songs that everybody knows and can tap their foot to.

Crappy: After work, I walked out of my office building to see a bunch of police vehicles with flashing blue lights. What was going on? A protest. A group of non-Caucasian people (this seems the easiest way to be PC) were carrying American flags and posters. They had this sort of chant going and at first I thought it was about deforestation. But I think it was deportation, which would fit the circumstance a bit better. Yes, this is political activity, but they're rooting for the wrong side. And that is absolutely crappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment