Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 30

Happy 1: Last night's game was all the hype at work. The guys talked stats all day. There is already a bet on the next time the Bears and Packers meet: January 2.

Happy 2: Rice Krispies Treats Cereal. Ever heard of it? Apparently, you can only buy it in the suburbs or in large quantities on Amazon.com. A co-worker bought eight boxes of the stuff, four for him and four for another employee. These two guys sit right next to me so I heard all about the amazing breakfast cereal. People who tried it said it tasted like a glazed donut. Sounds good to me.

Crappy: I upset another lady today. After work I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Naturally, I went to the shortest checkout lane. I looked for a sign saying "10 Items Or Less" but didn't see one, so I loaded my fifteen or so items onto the belt. The checkout lady says, with attitude, to no one in particular, "Express lane, please." She was talking to me and upon further inspection I see a teeny tiny sign hung in a non-obvious place. Oops. I apologized multiple times but she wasn't having any of that. I don't even know why she was working in the express lane because she was painfully slow. Anyway, I successfully irritated another person. Geez, two days in a row.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh maaaannnnnn. I am seeing a trend here. Happys getting shorter, Crappys getting longer. I will cheer you up with an accounting joke.

    Q: Why did the CPA cross the road?
    A: Because it was in last year's workpapers.

    A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-har.
    (CPAs can be just as funny as financial advisers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seeing a trend too: you ticking people off. No, I'm just kidding. It was big of you to try to make it right with the lady you passed yesterday and sometimes they hide the "10 items or less" sign. It is kind of like a practical joke- checkout clerk style. We are enjoying your posts even if we don't make many comments. Love you Anna.

    - Clint, Jill, Genevieve

    ReplyDelete