Happy 1: Kristin and I attended a church that was held at a comedy club. This church is fairly new, a little over one year old. The pastor is from England, so he had a sweet accent. He introduced himself and said, "I'm the pasta here." I'm thinking to myself, "Who said anything about food? Pasta? What is he...oh, he's the pastor." After that was clarified, it went very well. He gave a great message about Jonah and our calling in life. The first half of the service was singing praise songs, many of which I didn't know. It was alright but made me a little uncomfortable. I'm not one to raise my hands and interject "Amen!" and other such things. Not to say that it's a bad thing, just not something I normally partake in. The people were so welcoming. One lady gave Kristin and I her personal information so we would have a contact or a home to visit. I'm not sure if this is possible, but the people were a little too friendly. Not creepy, just very friendly.
Happy 2: Rachel and I made supper. We cooked stir fry which included green peppers, carrots, onions, and chicken, which we served over rice. Again, not something I'm used to, but it was really good. Yay for trying new things!
Crappy: Tomorrow begins our first real week of the semester. Orientation is behind us, our first days on the job are past. Now is when the rubber hits the road.
Wow - the two week mark! Does it feel like it has been that long? Longer? You're conquering, roommate, and I am super proud of you!
ReplyDeleteHow was your first "real" day of work? Still fun? Did you dress comfy? Goodness, there are so many questions! I won't bombard you with them here - just know that I am constantly thinking of and praying for you!
Much love,
Bestest-est