Friday, September 24
Happy 1: I wrote another economics article for the financial market update. Instead of having the lady tell me what reports and announcements were important, I kind of got to do things on my own. Financial writing is not too bad once you get the lingo and phraseology down.
Happy 2: My roommates and I went to Buckingham Fountain for the evening lights show. The show entails lights, water, and music. It was pretty fantastic and I highly recommend it. While we were there we meandered through the park across the street. There were bunnies and gardens and a statue of Abe Lincoln; it doesn't get any better than that. After the show at the fountain we went exploring the hedges and were admiring a fantastic section of grass. Lucky for us, we found the opening for the lawn mower, the grass has to be mowed after all. I laid on my back and gazed at the stars and inhaled the wondrous smell of grass. Fountains, bunnies, and freshly cut grass. Today was a good day.
Crappy: On our trip to Buckingham Fountain we ventured into Garrett's Popcorn and ordered the Chicago Mix (caramel and cheese popcorn mixed). However, they were completely out of caramel popcorn. So we went to McDonald's for McFlurries but they were out of ice cream. What is wrong with this city? We couldn't leave without a treat. Dairy Queen Blizzards came to the rescue.
Hi. I love you. Sorry I have been epically failing on leaving comments - but I have been reading your blog every day! I think Rachel may be getting tired of all the times I reference you, and there are plenty of times that I am thinking of you even when I don't tell her about it. You are such a pro at this already. Sounds like you are having a marvelous time! Keep it up, Roomie. :)
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Bestest-est
P.S. If I was a kitchen utensil, I would be a whisk. Why? It's my favorite. And it's fun to say. *whisk, whisk, whisk*