Happy 1: To quote Jason Mraz, "Yo, what time is it? It's laundry day." Yes, I did laundray today. This was actually quite an adventure because two other girls from CS used Canterbury's washers and got bleach stains on their clothing. Since most of my garments are dark I was fearful that they, too, would be ruined. But, it was inevitable, the laundry had to be done. So I did it. And it was all good. Whew. Fun fact: there is a HUGE dryer that can hold like three loads of laundry and it dries the clothes super fast. I approve.
Happy 2: I also made an excursion to the grocery store today. Many excellent foods are now in my possession. Having a stocked cupboard and refrigerator is such a good feeling. And I should also mention that a cashier commented on my shirt, which happened to be The Steggy Bunch (good work, Megan). I must have really cool clothes.
Crappy: Okay, today was...a little...well, it was definitely a Monday. In the morning I got to sit in on a conference call to discuss stocks and the market. That was pretty great, actually. But the rest of the day was spent staring at a computer screen checking data. In retrospect, it really was a good way to learn because now I have a better understanding of which things go in which sectors, how to classify funds, get familiar with the ticker symbols. So, while I thought I would really enjoy monotonous computer tasks, I much prefer the real goings on. Yay for Monday morning committee meetings! And while the non-stop use of acronyms in the office is overwhelming, I'm finally starting to pick up on the jargon. Maybe my day wasn't so crappy after all.
We like you.
ReplyDeleteRoommate,
ReplyDeleteIf this entry was on facebook, I would click "like" a million bajillion times. What an overall positive entry! :) I approve.
Yay for laundry and Jason Mraz! Sounds like a good first "real" day. Keep going strong!
Love,
Bestest-est