Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 58

Tuesday, October 26

Happy 1: Fire Drill at the office. The lights flashed and a voice from above told us to evacuate to the 33rd floor. Once we arrived (we meaning the people from the top five floors), the fire marshal said, “This is not the magic floor you go to in an emergency.” No, really? He also mentioned that Floor 37, which may or may not be my floor, needed to drop everything and listen to instructions. Did we just get reprimanded? I think so.

Happy 2: This week's art event was at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Similar to other abstract and contemporary art events, I was not impressed. However, on our way out we stopped at the gift shop to look around. What did I find? The amazing 2-Carat Cup. This is no ordinary mug, oh no. The handle is really an over-sized ring. When you grab the mug, one finger slips into the handle and it looks like you're wearing this gigantic diamond ring. It's pretty sweet. Why not look classy when you're drinking your steaming mug of hot chocolate?

Crappy: Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day. I like rain, but in the city it is not so fun. Sure, I had an umbrella, but umbrellas don’t protect your feet. My nice dress shoes sloshed with water the whole way to work and my pants were wet up to the knee. Well, almost. No matter, it was a pretty yucky morning. Keeping in mind that I have to ride the train with other wet, umbrella-carrying individuals. So much for calling Chicago the windy city.

2 comments:

  1. Roomie,

    Being reprimanded qualifies as a "happy"? Since when?

    We've had rain the past few days as well, along with 40 mph winds. If it makes you feel any better, we're currently getting snow-ish stuff. It's not sticking, but it has a nice sting when it whacks you in the face.

    You're fantastic. Keep truckin'!

    Much love,
    Bestest-est

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there a dashingly handsome man of Irish descent in overalls (not the farmer bib type...the type mechanics wear) at the fire drill? Have you seen him at all? His name is Patrick O'Flannigan and he works in the building (I think he works with the elevators). He spoke to our Arts class about Irish folk music once and then whenever we saw him we were like "Pat!" Yeah. We loved him.

    Wow. This post made me sound like a creep. I'm not. He's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete