Happy 1: I slept in this morning. My brother was sick and my sister-in-law was under the weather a bit, so we didn’t go to church. Generally, this would not be acceptable, but legitimate illness is allowed. Sometimes. I got up around 8:30am, showered, and worked on the homework I couldn’t do on the bus. It made me feel much better about life. That would be the "getting some homework" done, not the "skipping church" part.
Happy 2: I watched the Bears game on a…wait for it…a television. We don’t have a TV in the apartment, so my football viewing has been limited to watching the plays and descriptions on NFL.com. It’s so much better to watch it like a normal person. The outcome of the game wasn’t good, but it was nice to see the action.
Happy 3: Can’t forget to mention Baby Time. Since I was the only one at Travis and Brandi’s house today, I was allowed to be a baby hog. Braiden is so cute and such a happy baby. Yay for aunthood-dom.
Crappy: After spending the weekend with family, I was not ready to go back to Chicago. It was so refreshing to see cornfields and tractors and the sky and open spaces. I was definitely a little sick to my stomach with the thought of leaving Iowa and returning to the craziness of the city. However, my mom gave me the Our Iowa magazine. On the bus I leafed through it and found articles about my hometown (who would have thought), and businesses and people in the surrounding area that I actually know. It was a pretty sweet taste of home to take back with me.
Wait...is that another new vocab word? Aunthood-dom? Is the emphasis on "aunt" or "dom" or what?
ReplyDelete