Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 96

Happy 1: Today I worked with Zephyr StyleADVISOR, a performance analysis program. It involved selecting data, designing graphs and charts, and editing the information to match that of three years ago. The first hour and a half went well but then I hit a snag. I worked on it for hours, playing around in the program that I'm not familiar with at all. Finally, I succumbed to the fact that I could not figure it out on my own, and asked my supervisor to help. He came to my desk, instructed me a bit, and then he asked to sit down so he could mess around with it. Ten minutes later he had it figured out. As he walked away he said, "Don't worry, it wasn't just you." That's good to know. I'm not a complete moron, after all.

Happy 2: Rachel finally worked out the quirks and I was able to start working on my art project. After downloading Audacity, an audio editing program, I got to work. It was a little tedious to figure out, but after watching tutorials on YouTube and asking Rachel for some pointers, I began the long process. I sat for four hours at the kitchen table with headphones in, listening to the audio clips of street performers and everyday street sounds. The project isn't done, but I successfully edited the clips so that the best parts were saved and the not-so-best parts were trimmed.

Happy 3: Kerry is the lady I really enjoy working with at MainStreet. This morning she said, "I really like you and I want to stay in touch, so here's my address." I work with some super great people.

Crappy: My roommate, Kristin, came home with a terrible headache. She curled up on our wavy couch, huddled under a blanket, and finally went to bed at nine o'clock. Thank goodness I have never had a migraine; they seem pretty terrible. So terrible that they make it as somebody else's crappy.

2 comments:

  1. Roomie,

    More details please? I am confused.

    And I would be one of those who "actually reads this on a Saturday" as Saturday is a day of the week and I read this every day! Way to break my morning routine.

    Much love,
    Bestest-est

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, what? Why does Emily's comment make no sense?

    Here's what happened:
    First you posted a NON-post, and later DELETED it and replaced it with an ACTUAL post to make it look like you weren't cheating your blog readers.

    And you're wondering how I know this? I watch Monk. I'm a trained detective.

    ReplyDelete