Happy 1: Rachel and I went to Loyola University Museum of Art (LUMA) between classes. There was a display of 100 nativity scenes from all over the world, which were amazing. Some of my favorites were from Italy, Ireland, Haiti, and a really sweet one from the United States that was made with nails. Beautiful and symbolic. This particular picture doesn't include the wise men and shepherds on either side but it's pretty close. On the way back to the CS office, we stopped at Hershey's and got a free piece of chocolate at the door. Yay for Rolos!
Happy 2: Tonight was the "closing ceremonies" of the Chicago Semester Fall 2010. It was held at the Parthenon Restaurant, which is Greek. The food was phenomenal. We had lots of bread, gyros, stuffed grape leaves, eggplant and chicken lasagna, and baklava for dessert. I'm not one to try new things, so this was quite an experience. I filled up on bread, gyros (lamb with cucumbery sauce), and chicken lasagna. Nearly all of the dishes had nutmeg in it, so it tasted like pumpkin. And the wait staff had awesome accents; they're Greek, of course. The CS staff showed a video of pictures sent in by students other than me, since I don't take pictures. It was fun to look back on our time in the city and see all the places we've been. As an added bonus, we received a black Chicago Semester t-shirt and a large group picture taken during orientation week.
Crappy: I was late to my Metro class. I am never late. Here's what happened. Rachel and I were on the way back to the CS office after going to LUMA. This particular station, Chicago, is different than Clark and Division because the two train tracks are separated by a concrete wall. If you're headed toward Howard you stand on one side. But if you're headed toward 95th / Dan Ryan you stand on the other side. Well, we were chatting and ended up on the wrong side. By the time we climbed the stairs up and then down the other side, the train we needed had come and gone. Needless to say, I was late to class. Drat!

Is that a crown hanging on the edge of the manger? How beautiful. What a way to end the semester.
ReplyDelete