Thursday, December 9
Happy 1: This morning, my boss and his wife (who also works at MainStreet) brought in their daughter because the babysitter was sick. She is probably three years old and she bobbled around the office checking things out. From my desk I could see into the boss’ office where he and his daughter were watching cartoons on his computer. A little later, when she was alone in the room, she picked up the phone and started talking to the receptionist. Absolutely darling!
Happy 2: In the office building lobby there is an Angel Tree. Katherine took / was given a tag. It was for a senior with a wish list consisting of a tie, shaving kit, socks, slippers, and robe. She looked at it and then said, “I thought this was for a senior in high school, but it might be for a senior citizen.” A debate ensued; Matt and I agreed that it was for an elderly man but Joe was convinced it was for an eighteen-year-old boy. She took it downstairs to ask the front desk. It turned out that it was for an old person and gifts had already been purchased. She came back with a new tag and told us that it was indeed for a senior citizen. Joe asked, “Why would anyone put socks on a Christmas list?” Matt replied, “Are you kidding me? Who doesn’t want to give socks to a stranger?”
Happy 3: There was a pan handler on the street near the train station and he was holding a sign. Generally, beggars don’t say much. This man, however, was praising God. He said, “God is good. He gave me a winter coat with a hood yesterday. God is good.” Now that's a good attitude.
Happy 4: My parents are picking me up tomorrow! The end is kind of bitter sweet, but I think I’m ready to be done with my internship. So, tonight I packed up all of my belongings. Three suitcases isn’t bad. Between packing and watching movies, Kristin and I prepared our last supper that consisted of all the random leftovers in our fridge. Yum? That’s debatable.
Crappy: My supervisor was out sick today so I worked with Joe. And well, I don’t learn very well from Joe. He showed me how to do a portfolio review on Inka and I was completely baffled. At one point I snorted because I was clueless and overwhelmed. Straight-faced and completely serious, Joe said, “Why is that funny?” Really? Do you have a sense of humor at all? While it’s nice to learn new things, it’s a little late in the game, considering my last day is tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment