Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 100

Happy 1: I heard some very humorous things on the street today. A street sweeper lady was talking to the man selling newspapers next to McDonald's. She told him, "It's winter jacket weather. You ain't got no gloves. You ain't got no hat..." After work I saw a man and woman crossing the street and the man turned to her and said, "You're looking like a woman raccoon out here." Her response? "I don't care if I look like a bear." Apparently, being warm outweighed looking foolish. Smart lady.

Happy 2: My Fine Art Final Project is finished! All together, I probably spent twelve hours filming, capturing, transferring, editing, and exporting. For your listening pleasure, I included a link that will allow you to hear my masterpiece. Enjoy! http://cardboardboxmedia.com/cbm/anna.html.

Funny: At the beginning of the semester, CS gave each of us a gift card to Corner Bakery. Since the end is very near, I decided to use it up. During lunch, the sandwich was alright but the conversation was better. Kerry, bless her heart, asked me about the weather back home (and she knows I live in Iowa). It would have made sense to inquire about the amount of snow or the windchill or something. No, she wanted to know if we had the same seasons as Chicago. Really? Do we have the same seasons?!? She said, "Well, you just never know." Um, yes you do. Later in the day the office received a box filled with cookies; six unmarked packages full of them, actually. Andy walked into the kitchen, walked back out with cookies in-hand, and said, "What's with these weird cookies in here? It's like space packaging or something." While the bags were indeed unusual, it did not deter any of my co-workers from sampling the contents many times.

Crappy: Tonight will be a late night. It's 11:30pm and I have yet to write the artist statement about my project which I will present in class tomorrow, proof-read three weekly journals, finish two papers (Immersion Experience and Essay of Discovery), shower, and read my Bible. Sounds fun, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Roomie,

    I think last night was a late one for all of us. I was up until almost 1:00 working on internship stuff and I think my roommate got back to the room at 4 or 5 this morning. She's still sleeping, obviously. :) It's getting to that point in the semester where there is a lot to do and the only time to do it is when you are supposed to be sleeping.

    I haven't listened to your project yet, but I will at some point today. I'm sure it will be fantastic. :)

    Good luck on your presentation today!

    Much love,
    Bestest-est

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I also was up until about 1 working on a lab report.

    I just listened to your project. And it's basically AMAZING! I loved it. As a city girl, there were a lot of sounds that I guess you just get used to and don't even realized are there until someone points them out. Good work.

    Enjoy your last couple days in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete